These days, blogging is where its at if you want to compete online for your share of whatever market you’re in. The truth is that if you’re not blogging on a regular basis (once or twice a week) and your competition is, they will win and you will lose. Its really that simple.
For some, however, blogging for business may seem like an overwhelmingly arduous task to take on even though they know they need to be doing it. Not only do you have to come up with and produce a steady stream of interesting blog topics that people will enjoy reading, you also need a basic understanding of blog post optimization (SEO) so that people can actually find your posts in the index.
Obviously, you want Google, Bing and the other search engines to favorably postion your posts. In order for that to happen, you need to let them know what your posts are about in a language they understand.
That is where blog post optimization (SEO) comes in. Some folks get intimidated when it comes to SEO but in all honesty, there’s really nothing to it once you get the hang of it. Blog post optimization is not rocket science and something you should not even think about while flushing out a well written and informative post. That my friends is what matters.
I always recommend that bloggers write for people first, then go back in and optimize for search engines – always in that order. I don’t know about you, but I can tell immediately when the opposite has been done as the content will reek of SEO and have little substance.
If you think it through, what good does it do to be on page one of Google if site visitors don’t like your content once they get there. You have basically accomplished nothing for your efforts. And in my humble opinion, there is more than enough search engine fodder littering the Internet highway as it is. People don’t like to it and it certainly doesn’t convert, so why bother?
Keep the following steps in mind after you have written a blog post and are ready to optimize it:
- Give your post a descriptive heading 1 title that won’t leave search engines guessing what the main topic is about
- Customize the URL and/or permalink (give the search engines specific info to index your topic accordingly; remove noise words like a, an, to, the, etc.)
- Incorporate a few relevant keywords or keyword phrases that support the topic (2 -3 terms used a couple times for a 500 – 700 word post)
- Create sub headings within the post that support the main title and topic (also used to visually break up blocks of content)
- Build up topic authority and create a powerful internal linking structure by linking to other relevant posts or pages within your site as much as possible
- Create a call-to-action signature that links to other relevant pages within your site and also includes: contact phone number, link to contact form, email address, etc. (copy and past it into every post)
Blog post optimization (SEO) is definitely something you need to consider in order for search engines to index your posts properly and for people to find your posts in the index for the topics you write about. Remember to always write first, without thought of optimization. Then go back in and include the steps above. This will ensure that that your content is fresh, informative and worth reading once your site visitors get there.
IG Webs, a Huntsville Web design firm is a premier web designer in Huntsville, Alabama known for super client care. You should choose IG Webs if you want personal attention, lower rates and dedication to you. We can respond to you quickly. Client care and service is our top priority and we’re small enough to be able to do just that, yet big enough to meet all your demands. And we do not charge for on page SEO (Search Engine Optimization), we design it in.
See what they say about us. Interested to know how we go about web design? Here’s how. Need more information? Check our FAQ page. Websites are much more than just HTML codes. A website needs to be successful at presenting ideas in an interesting and effective manner with an eye on being found. “Ignorance may be bliss for those who design the website, but that’s seldom the case for those who visit it. ” We work with clients across the nation. Give us a call!
Map of Huntsville, Alabama