AGREEMENT FOR PRODUCTION OF A WEBSITE
FOR JoAnna Wright of DefTec
IG Webs will be referred to as the designer in this document.
DefTec will be referred to as the client in this document.
The client is engaging the designer as an independent designer for the specific project of developing a World Wide website to be installed on the client's web space on a web hosting service's computer unless hosting is provided by IG Webs.
The client hereby authorizes the designer to access their account, and any other directories or programs which need to be accessed for this project.
The client also permits the designer to publicize the completed website on their portfolio pages.
DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT AND PROCESS
- IG Webs will plan, code, and design a website for individual or corporate use to the specifications required by the client. The client is required to either give exact specifications or have IG Webs do their best to meet the general requirements laid out by the client as outlined in Site Specifications below. For our design process please see our process
- The estimate described in this document is only referring to the Site Specifications given by the client at the time this document was printed. The date can be found on the bottom of this page. Additional work not included with this document will require further payment deemed necessary by IG Webs.
- If DefTec has provided a budget for stock photos to be purchased by IG Webs the process for the presentation of those graphics, if necessary, consists of IG Webs providing drafts and asking for feedback from the client. The client then gives feedback or approves of the images being used before they are put in place. The estimate assumes 2 rounds of this process will suffice for image selection.
- The use of stock images can be done in one of two ways:
- Client will purchase the right size images and provide them to IG Webs.
- Client will provide a budget, typically $100 or less, for IG Webs to select and purchase the images needed for the client.
- All content on the website will be provided by the client, though it maybe in rough form, for IG Webs to use. The content should be labelled depending on the placement that is needed on the site. For example, the" About Us" content should contain information about the individual or corporation and be labelled as such.
- To maintain our portfolio credentials and integrity we, IG Webs, shall be entitled to place an unobtrusive credit with a hypertext link to our website in the footer on each page. IG Webs is also entitled to reproduce samples of the client's website in our portfolio and in our marketing material.
DEFTEC is looking for two websites under the DEFTEC umbrella landing page. This page will have motion, be active and express all sides of the company. Additionally the page should contain information about DEFTEC corporation in the footer. The other two websites, one for government solutions and another for the commercial site need to be designed then be accessed from the main landing page. DEFTEC will provide two more domains for these websites one named deftecgov.com and another deftecenterprise.com so they can be reached separately while part of the main site. The content on the current website www.deftecjobs.com is good enough to use with exception of some minor changes. This includes the images and any videos currently on the website.
The designer and the client must work together to complete the website in a timely manner. We agree to work expeditiously to complete the website within 60 from the date this agreement is signed.
We must receive client material on a timely basis, usually 2 to 3 days after a request, to meet the time schedule and any delays will translate into similar delays in the delivery date.
ASSIGNMENT OF PROJECT
IG Webs reserve the right to assign subcontractors to this project to insure the right fit for the job as well as on-time completion. IG Webs will bring to the attention of the client if any subcontractors will be used to work on the client's project and that subcontractor will be required to sign an NDA before any information is given and before any work is assigned to the subcontractor.
SINGLE POINT OF CONTACT
JoAnna Wright as representative has been added to this contract as a point of contact between IG Webs and DefTec. All changes, updates, approvals, and modifications should come through this person in order to keep the project on budget and on time. Any inquiries made outside of this point of contact will be pushed through the point of contact for verification.
PRICE ESTIMATE AND PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS
- IG Webs estimates that the cost for producing the website described in the site specification will be $2400.
- Payments will be as follows: A deposit of $800 of the estimate total $2400
is due upon the signing of this agreement before work begins.
- Thereafter the following schedule will be in effect:
- Completion of home page $800
- Project completion, all pages of website operating $800
- The remainder of the estimated total, adjusted for changes in the estimate due to additions such as photos, article writing, etc. will be due upon completion of the site or within (7) seven days. Completion is when the site can be viewed by public and all content has been added.
Payments can be made via check or online via credit card or Paypal. Payment can be made online at IG Webs.
Delinquent invoice will be assessed a $15 charge if payment is not received within 15 days of the due date. If an amount remains delinquent 30 days after its due date, an additional 10% penalty will be added for each month of delinquency. If an amount remains delinquent 120 days after its due date, IG Webs reserves the right to remove the website from public viewing on the Internet until final payment is made. Any items created by IG Webs including logos, mock-ups, website designs, and domain names remain property and copyright of IG Webs until the payment is paid in full by the client.
In case collection proves necessary, the client agrees to pay all fees incurred by that process. This agreement becomes effective only when signed by the designer or an IG Webs representative.
As stated in the FAQ.
REVISIONS AND REWRITES
Changes requested by the client that are not included in this contract will be billed at an hourly rate of $55. This rate shall also govern additional work authorized beyond the maximums specified above for such services as general Internet orientation education, marketing consulting, repeated web page design changes, editing, modifying product pages and databases in an online store, art, photo, graphics services, and helping clients learn how to use their own web page editor outside of the 1 hour training included.
We allow for 2 revisions during the development of the project. Any revisions or additional requirements beyond the initial allowed revisions and requirements included in the project scope will be assessed and charged for at our hourly rate of $55.
All billable changes will be documented and brought to the attention of the client before any charges are accrued.
The agreement contained in this "AGREEMENT FOR PRODUCTION OF A WEBSITE" constitutes the sole agreement between the designer (of IG Webs) and the client regarding this website. Any additional work not specified in this contract must be authorized by a written change order. All prices specified in this contract will be honoured for three (3) month after both parties sign this contract. Continued services after that time will require a new agreement.
IG Webs does not warrant that the functions contained in these web pages or the Internet website will be uninterrupted or error-free. In no event will IG Webs be liable to the client or any third party for any damages, including any lost profits, lost savings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate these web pages or website, even if IG Webs has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Copyrights and Trademarks
The client represents to IG Webs and unconditionally guarantees that any elements of text, graphics, photos, designs, trademarks, or other artwork furnished to IG Webs for inclusion in web pages are owned or purchased by the client, or that the client has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend IG Webs and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the client.
Laws Affecting Electronic Commerce
From time to time governments enact laws and levy taxes and tariffs affecting Internet electronic commerce. The client agrees that the client is solely responsible for complying with such laws, taxes, and tariffs, and will hold harmless, protect, and defend IG Webs and its subcontractors from any claim, suit, penalty, tax, or tariff arising from the client's exercise of Internet electronic commerce.
Copyright to Web pages
Copyright to the finished assembled work of web pages produced by the designer (of IG Webs) is owned by IG Webs until final payment of this contract, the client is assigned rights to use as a website, the design, graphics, and text contained in the finished assembled website. IG Webs and their subcontractors retain the right to display graphics and other Web design elements as examples of their work in their respective portfolios.
The undersigned agrees to the terms of this agreement on behalf of his or her organization or business.
I, [client], sign this document stating I have read and agreed to all of the above in cooperation with IG Webs in production and deployment of DefTec Project. I also agree that if under any circumstances I cannot afford to pay the remaining balance I forfeit the deposit and will have everything designed by IG Webs revoked and the contract terminated until I can pay the remaining balance in full.
All terms of this contract are contingent upon strike, accidents, or other causes beyond our control.
IG Webs Representative
Client / Representative
(electronically signed)Please sign using a stylus, your mouse, or your finger below to authorize this contract. By electronically signing this document, you agree to the terms established above.
After the document is signed, you can proceed to print it or save it as a PDF.