In today’s digital world, B2B and B2C blogging for business is no longer an option – it’s a necessity, if you want to stay in the game. “Content is KING” has never been more relevant, and 45% of marketers today say blogging is the #1 most important element of their content strategy.
Approximately 6.7MM people publish blogs on blogging websites, and another 12MM people write blogs on their social networks (source). Currently, nearly 40% of U.S. companies utilize blogs for marketing purposes. In my book, that’s one heck of a lot of blogging going on. And as 2017 rolls out, it’s important to know what trends you should be paying attention to.
Here are some interesting stats & trends on the state of blogging and what’s ahead that may impact your current strategy:
- Blogs are the most valuable type of content, according to more than one third of today’s marketers. (Source)
- Images in articles tend to boost the number of views by 94%. (Source)
- B2C businesses that utilize blogs 16 to 20 times per month receive upwards of 4 times as many leads as those B2C businesses that don’t take advantage of the blogging platform. (Source)
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog. (Source)
- Companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website. (Source)
- Among those who use e-mail marketing, companies that blog get twice as much traffic from their email than those who don’t.(Source)
- Businesses that blog generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not blog. (source)
- Companies that post upwards of 20 times or more per month see five times as much traffic, as opposed to those who blog less than five times a month or less. (Source)
- Blogging 16 to 20 times in a 30-day period has earned B2B businesses nearly 3 times as many leads as those businesses who do not. (Source)
- B2B marketers that use blogs have 67% more leads than those that do not (Source).
- More than two-thirds of bloggers have not updated their blogs in over a year. (Source)
- Once you write 21-54 blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 30%. (Source)
“Blogging is the new black” and by staying abreast of the trends, you can stay ahead of them rather than trying to catch up to them. One thing is for certain, B2B and B2C blogging for biz is not going anywhere anytime soon and should be at the core of your online marketing strategy.
IG Webs – Web Design, SEO Content Services, Website Management & More! Give Us a Call for A Free Quote Today!
We provide responsive websites, mobile websites and website management from start-ups to medium large businesses across the nation. At IG Webs, success means a website that presents the client’s business and ideas in an interesting and effective manner. Website Design, Local Marketing, SEO Content Services, Website Management, E-Commerce and more! Call us today or use our free quote form – Allow us to quote you a price and get started on your project. You’ll be glad you did!
“Your Online Success is Our Success!“